Today Citizens United is releasing 198 pages of emails between the State Department and Clinton Foundation on a host of issues.
43 of the pages have to do with the creation of the "Friends of the Clinton Centre" 501c3, its connection to an official State Department trip to Ireland, and a dinner that Secretary Clinton attended that doesn’t appear on her schedule.
Other topics include China, Haiti, Iran, Cuba, Mexico, and more.
The specter of foreign influence and the appearance of conflicts of interest are critically important issues. We will continue to release emails such as these in the weeks and months to come.
In these emails, you'll find the following:
• "Is this accurate?"
• "Following Secretary Clinton's lecture at Dublin City University…Patrick McDermott will provide a room for us for a brief discussion on the Friends of the Clinton Centre 501…"
• "And what does Megan Rodham have to do with this"
• "…asked wjc to help avoid currency legislation b/c it'll mean lots of Chinese businesses collapsing…"
• "When HRC visited Sarajevo, she proposed a program to train Bosnian entrepreneurs through the Clinton Foundation(?)"
• "Oh come on…you can make this happen…"
• "Jake - unfortunately, like a bad penny, I'll keep turning up one way or another."
• "Kicking DS off"
• "Greetings from Jet Li"
• "[REDACTED] wants barbados"
• "I think it should be okay. We have interacted with this guy."
Emails Part I: https://www.scribd.com/document/326510237/State-Department-Clinton-Foundation-Emails-Part-I
Emails Part II: https://www.scribd.com/document/326510449/State-Department-Clinton-Foundation-Emails-Part-II
These documents were produced by the State Department as a result of FOIA requests and litigation.
Our next email production from the State Department is due on October 10.